Our Policy covers how and why we collect, use, protect, and share your personal information on our websites where this Policy is posted. Our Policy focuses on personal information – information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you. For example, when you place an order online, we collect personal information, such as name, address, phone number, and credit or debit card information.
What is Our Pledge of Accountability?
We require our associates, business partners, and service providers who manage your personal information to do so properly and in accordance with our policies.
What Type of Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of information: (1) information we receive from you and (2) information we receive from others. Information we receive from you includes information you share with us, such as when you create an account online with us. This also includes information you provide us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our website.
Information We Receive From You
You share information with us in various ways. For example, you share information when you:
- Make an online purchase, or other transaction, with us;
- Create an account on our website;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on one of our websites; and
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey.
When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth, and payment information.
You also provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our websites and mobile services work correctly and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts – our work to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services. Here are some examples:
- Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our website. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
- Browsing Information: We use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our website. Cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our site. Web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website were effective. We use these tools to provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. See “What Are Your Choices?” below for more information.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and prevent or detect fraud. We collect personal information from consumer reporting agencies in conjunction with products or services that involve financial risk to us, such as transactions in which we may extend you financing.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your orders or to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your account;
- To administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls;
- To help us personalize our service offerings, websites, and advertising;
- To help us improve your experience on our website;
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions;
- To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us; and
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites and our business.
To do this, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources. We also transfer or share your personal information within our corporate family of companies for these purposes, as permitted by law.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information With Others?
We will not sell or rent your personal information. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, when legally required, or with your consent.
We will not share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, except in the following circumstances:
We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our products and services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers maintain facilities.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of our customers, our associates, or other persons. Examples include:
- Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
- Providing personal information to law enforcement at their written request;
- Responding to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and
- Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation of law.
In the event that all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized (including transfers made as a part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), personal information about you could be shared with the successor business. We will use reasonable measures to help ensure that any successor treats your information in accordance with this Policy.
With Your Consent
In any circumstance other than those described above, we will ask for your affirmative consent before we share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies.
What are Your Choices?
When we are sending marketing communications to you, we use the following standards:
- We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. We use an opt-in standard for sharing personal information with companies outside our corporate family of companies for their use in direct marketing, such as sending you promotions. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your affirmative consent.
- We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications, such as postal mail. Opt-out means we may contact you, but will stop upon your request (as described below).
You can provide us with your marketing preferences by e-mailing email@example.com. Or you may contact the Privacy Office as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address. Please allow sufficient time for your marketing preferences to be processed. It may take up to ten days to process your requests related to email and up to 30 days to process your requests related to telephone calls, text messages, and sharing information with your consent. Please note that postal mailings are often prepared many weeks in advance, and you may continue to receive mail for six to ten weeks.
Please know that, even if you opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, customer surveys, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order.
How Do You Access and Update Your Personal Information?
We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. We also provide you with various ways to access or update your personal information, including contact and account information. These include:
- If you have created an account on one of our websites, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information and payment information, as well as contact information for recipients you have designated.
- Contact us through one of the ways listed in the “Contact Us”section at the bottom of this Policy. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will provide you the personal information requested if it is reasonably available, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals, and subject to reasonable limitations provided by law and internal procedures. Otherwise we will describe the types of information we typically collect. We will provide access and make the changes you request, or will provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take with regard to the request.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of our customers’ personal information.
When you are shopping on our website, we use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information. These measures may include security access controls or other physical security safeguards, information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information, and training programs.
Here are some examples of security measures we use to protect your personal information:
- Passwords are required to access your online account and help to protect your account information. Please keep this password confidential.
- Encryption technology, called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), helps to protect personal information in certain areas of our websites during transport across the Internet. The presence of SSL encryption may be indicated by https in the browser URL or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the browser window. These indications may not be present in mobile services that use SSL.
- For payment card information, we use secured networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data, physical and technical access controls, monitoring and tests of security systems, and other information security practices to help protect your information.
To learn more about measures you can take to protect the security of your personal information, please click here.
How Do We Protect the Privacy of Children Online?
Our websites and mobile services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children.
We recognize the importance of protecting children's online privacy. In order to protect the privacy of children, our websites and mobile services do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 unless we have prior parental consent or as permitted by law. Please Contact Us if you believe we may have collected information from your child through our websites or mobile services, and we will work to delete it.